Safeguarding is defined in Working Together to Safeguard Children as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children's health and development
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable children to have the best outcome.
St Wilfrid's is committed to the safeguarding of all children through the adoption of appropriate policies and practices within the following key areas:
- Safer recruitment
- Management of safeguarding including the effective implementation of the safeguarding policy and staff training.
- Inclusion, attendance and anti-bullying
- Managing Risk e.g. online safety
- Premises security
The safeguarding team may be contacted via the school office firstname.lastname@example.org or through individual email addresses as follows:
Mrs J Allen: Headteacher & Designated Safeguarding Lead email@example.com
Mrs A Hakes: Deputy Headteacher & Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mr T Jones: Safeguarding Governor T.Jones@stwcps.co.uk
Safeguarding Policies may be found within the policy section of this website